About Clanfield Online
Clanfield Online is a not-for-profit website funded by local businesses for the benefit of the community. Our aim is to promote and celebrate the work of community organisations and local businesses providing an online platform for news, events, information and comment. Clanfield Online is managed by volunteers and any funds accumulated are used for the benefit of the community in local projects.
The idea of a community website came out of a meeting of local business people in the autumn of 2013. They wanted a means to bring our growing community together and encourage residents, both new and established, to shop locally and support community groups and projects. We were fortunate to find a local web designer who generously gave of his time to set up the website and in March 2014 Clanfield Online went live.
Since that time, through a lot of hard work, we have published hundreds of blogs, events and news items submitted by our members and volunteers. We have grown a large following on Facebook and Twitter that in turn helps to further build the website. Every month more businesses and community groups join us, seeing the benefit of a group online presence in the area. Other local villages are beginning to wonder why their area cannot do something similar.
Where does the membership of Clanfield Online come from? Nearby villages flow into each other so this can be a difficult question to answer. However, we decided to offer membership to all businesses and community groups in Clanfield, Chalton, Catherington and the northern part of Horndean from the A3 flyover towards the Drift Road roundabout.
Clanfield and surrounding villages are increasing in size as house building continues to change this area however, we have the boundary of the South Downs National Park surrounding the village, so there will always be plenty of countryside for us all to enjoy. Our aim is to retain all that is good about living in our community located near the edge of the South Downs in Hampshire. We want to encourage people to shop locally, join or support their local community organisations and communicate news, blogs and comment via Clanfield Online.
More about Clanfield Online
Find out more information about the History of our rural village
Find out more information about Chalton village which borders Clanfield on the East of the A3.
Find out more information about Catherington Village which borders Clanfield to the South.
You'll find a range of helpful local contact numbers in this section covering community, council, emergency, education, health, transport and more...
If you're interested in volunteering to work with the volunteers at Clanfield Online click here to find out how you can help
If you have any questions you'd like answered get in touch and we'll answer them the best we can
A-Z Business Directory
- Advance Soft tissue & Remedial Massage - AdvanceSRM
- Affinity Stylings
- Belle de Vie
- Budgens Clanfield
- Butser Ancient Farm
- Choice Family Mediation
- Clanfield Greengrocer & Florist (N Hadwen)
- Clanfield Nursery School
- Clanfield Sports and Community Centre
- Corner Fifty Three Distilling
- de Mellow & Co Wealth Management
- Electrical Service Systems Limited
- Evolve Hair and Beauty Salon
- Gibson Gammon Estate Agents
- Hampshire & Sussex Contract Cleaning Ltd
- Hampshire Herb Centre at Rumsey Gardens
- Hazleton Country Supplies
- Helen Cooper Bowen Therapy
- Hilltop Garage Horndean
- Horndean Technology College
- Julia’s Garden Care
- LC Energy Solutions Limited
- Ledgerworks Ltd
- Leydene Glass & Glazing
- Mela Restaurant Clanfield
- Michael Miller & Partners Funeral Directors
- Millcrest Decor Ltd - Painters & Decorators
- Pearsons Estate Agents
- Ron Reeve Ltd Family Butcher & Delicatessen
- Serenity Digital Ltd
- Sew Made For You
- South Coast Opticians
- South Downs Funeral Service
- Stephanie Hobbs: Artist
- The Clanfield Chiropractic Clinic
- The Co-operative Clanfield
- The Foster Practice
- The Hampshire Hog
- The New England Shutter Company
- The Rising Sun Inn
- Topmarks Healthcare Ltd (WPA Healthcare Practice)