Drift Road Evangelical Church
Drift Road Evangelical church offers a warm and friendly welcome. Our Sunday services have a traditional format of songs, prayer and bible teaching. After the service there is time for a chat and tea, coffee and biscuits are provided. Services are for public worship, which means they are free and open to anyone, Christian, enquirer or just curious. We use the New International Version (NIV) bible, Mission Praise song book and SongPro for projection of words and images.
The emphasis of the church is on knowing God through his word the bible and his son Jesus Christ. We aim to grow in our knowledge of Jesus and in our love for him and for others. And it's too good to keep to ourselves! So our aim is also to share the Good News of new life through the death and resurrection of Jesus with anyone and everyone.
We meet in a modern, warm, comfortable building with excellent facilities for disabled and able bodied alike. There are wide doors, ramps and a dedicated toilet for wheelchair users; a hearing aid loop system and large print bibles and song books are also available. We have parent and baby crèche room for use during the services with a selection of toys and books. The service is relayed in audio into this room. There are also baby changing facilities and a free car park.
On Thursday evening the prayer meeting and bible study provides a further opportunity to understand and discuss God’s word as well as a time of open prayer.
Foodbank collections for the Trussell Trust. We are collecting non-perishable food items which is distributed via Paulsgrove Baptist Church (Trussell Trust affiliated) – anyone can donate food at one of the meetings of the church.
Special events throughout the year include a summer barbeque, harvest supper and thanksgiving service and Christmas and Easter celebrations. A ladies walk and supper is held monthly during the months with lighter evenings.
Very popular Senior Citizens teas take place on occasional Sunday afternoons. There is a tasty buffet of home baking followed by hymn requests and a short bible talk (see our website for details of the next one).« Back to category view
Pastor Paul Kimber: 023 9259 5956
51 Drift Road
Days: Sundays, Thursday Bible study and prayer meeting.
Times: Services Times: Sunday 11am & 6.30 pm, Thursday 7.30pm
A-Z Business Directory
- Advance Soft tissue & Remedial Massage - AdvanceSRM
- Budgens Clanfield
- Butser Ancient Farm
- Choice Family Mediation
- Clanfield Greengrocer & Florist (N Hadwen)
- Clanfield Nursery School
- Corner Fifty Three Distilling
- de Mellow & Co Wealth Management
- Electrical Service Systems Limited
- Evolve Hair and Beauty Salon
- Gibson Gammon Estate Agents
- Hampshire & Sussex Contract Cleaning Ltd
- Hampshire Herb Centre at Rumsey Gardens
- Hazleton Country Supplies
- Helen Cooper Bowen Therapy
- Hilltop Garage Horndean
- Horndean Technology College
- Julia’s Garden Care
- LC Energy Solutions Limited
- Ledgerworks Ltd
- Leydene Glass & Glazing
- Mela Restaurant Clanfield
- Michael Miller & Partners Funeral Directors
- Millcrest Decor Ltd - Painters & Decorators
- Pearsons Estate Agents
- Ron Reeve Ltd Family Butcher & Delicatessen
- Serenity Digital Ltd
- Sew Made For You
- South Coast Opticians
- South Downs Funeral Service
- Stephanie Hobbs: Artist
- The Clanfield Chiropractic Clinic
- The Co-operative Clanfield
- The Foster Practice
- The Hampshire Hog
- The New England Shutter Company
- The Rising Sun Inn
- The Salon
- Topmarks Healthcare Ltd (WPA Healthcare Practice)