15th December 2015
Improve Fuel Economy in 6 easy moves with Hilltop Garage
- Author: Graham Parish
- Published: 9th March 2015
Graham Parish of Hilltop Garage is always keen to pass on the best way to slow down the high costs of motoring. Follow his advice and keep money in your wallet not in your fuel tank!
Even though prices have fallen recently, adding fuel to your car is still a major motoring cost. And who knows when the pump prices will rise again?
Here are 6 easy tips to help you save precious fuel:
- Check your tyre pressures regularly – over 50% of cars have tyre pressures which are under-inflated causing excessive wear on your tyres and increases fuel consumption.
- Shop around for your fuel – prices can vary by as much as 10p per litre. Buy wisely and you can achieve an average saving of almost £6.00 per tank.
- Close your windows when on the motorway – driving with them open drastically reduces fuel efficiency.
- Drive smoothly and avoid harsh acceleration and heavy braking – research shows this can improve your fuel consumption by nearly 30%.
- Keeps heavy loads to a minimum and remove roof racks when not in use. Weight increases fuel consumption!
Bonus Tip: Keep your car serviced regularly – modern low sulphur fuels leave sticky residues in fuel systems that reduce efficiency and performance.
For a no-obligation quote on car repairs, servicing or to book an Mot please call us on 02392
596038 or pop in for chat with our friendly staff at Hilltop Garage Horndean, 299 London Road, Horndean, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO8 0JE
« View all news
There are no current news articles related to this one.
6th July 2015