24th February 2014
This wonderful site and a fantastic community
- Author: Peter Garrett
- Published: 4th July 2014
Since becoming an active member of the Clanfield Online Group, I can honestly say I feel an enhanced feeling of community spirit.
We launched the website only a few months back and although initial progress has been at the same rate as an asthmatic ant carrying shopping, I'm proud to say that with the help and support of our local businesses, the volunteers of the group and local residents keen to promote the site, we are finally starting to do some good!
In the last fortnight we have achieved some great goals (and this is just the beginning):
- Improved the look of the Drift Road Roundabout with new signage for the website
- Provided help and support for Petersgate School by donating a skip for their pond clearing project (with thanks to David Wilson Homes)
- Brought in 5 new community groups to the community directory
- Promoted a number of new local events
- Hit 100 likes on Facebook! :-)
A big thank-you must go out to all the volunteers who are making these great things happen, least not Anne Cleaver (for resourcing the skip for Petersgate School) and her husband Russell Cleaver (for the works on the Roundabout), Chris de Mellow (for giving up his weekend to work on the roundabout), Geoff Rehr (for sourcing the signage) and Debbie Hadwen (for her fantastic updates to the website).
What a great team!
View all blogs
There are no current blogs related to this one.
22nd December 2015