11th October 2017
Hampshire Police Alerts - Operation Falcon
- Author: Hampshire Police
- Published: 1st April 2017
- Categories: News, Community & Volunteer, Hampshire
Sign up for Hampshire Alerts here.
Latest Alerts below.
Message sent by
Neil Nancarrow (Police, PC, Resolution Centre)
|Message sent by|
|John Payne (Police, PCSO, East Ha)|
I would like to make you aware of Operation Falcon.
Operation Falcon is the force wide drive to reduce rural crime, this month’s primary priority will be TFMV (Theft from motor vehicles)
As a result of Op Falcon, I am contacting residents within East Hampshire to make them aware and to offer everyone crime prevention advice.
Most offences of theft from vehicle are opportunist. If valuable possessions (e.g. handbags, laptops, sat navs, iPods, mobile phones, cameras) are left on show inside a vehicle, it is much more likely to be targeted by thieves.
Even items of little value, such as shopping bags and clothing, may tempt a potential thief to break into the vehicle to see whether they contain anything worth stealing.
Offences can take place during the day or night, whether a vehicle is parked in a driveway, on the street or in a public car park. Typically. thieves will smash windows to gain entry. Sometimes they will break door locks or, on older vehicles, prise the door away from the body of the vehicle.
The following section contains crime prevention and reduction advice for motorists and car park owners, as well as tactics that will assist police and partners to reduce this type of vehicle crime.
When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Upon locking your vehicle try your car door to ensure it is actually locked. (updated advice)
- Park your car in an attended car park.
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don't have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car.
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise web site (see right).
- Do not store your car's documents in the car.
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts.
- More information about alarms can be found on the Thatcham and Sold Secure websites.
If you require any further information you can contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team on 101. For general crime prevention advice, you can visit our web site following the link - http://www.hampshire.police.uk/internet/advice-and-information/crime-prevention/
« View all news
4th January 2018
9th January 2017
31st July 2017