11th October 2017
Hampshire Police Alerts - attempted burglary in Clanfield.
- Author: Hampshire Police
- Published: 10th May 2017
- Categories: News, Community & Volunteer, Hampshire
Sign up for Hampshire Alerts here.
Latest Alerts below.
|Message sent by|
|Darryl Hook (Police, PCSO, East Hampshire District)|
Sometime between dates/times 08/05/2017 20:00 - 09/05/2017 10:30 Unknown person/s have attempted to gain access to a shed in First Avenue, Clanfield. On this occasion nothing was taken, but locks were damaged.
Please read our advice below:
- Place all tools and garden equipment in locked sheds and garages.
- Secure more expensive items, e.g. mowers, bikes to an anchor point within the shed or garage.
- Mark all items with postcode and record serial numbers. e.g. UV pens or forensic marking kits. Register the details for free on www.immobilise.com
- Take photographs of items such as statues and garden furniture if they are unusual, for easy identification at a later date.
- Fit a shed alarm.
- Keep the structure in good repair.
- Consider covering windows with curtains to obscure the view of the contents.
- Consider external lighting.
- Ensure the garden fences are in good repair between neighbours to prevent unlawful access.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community. In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police.
« View all news
18th July 2017
9th January 2017
31st July 2017