11th October 2017
Hampshire Police Alerts - Theft From Vehicle - Catherington Lane
- Author: Hampshire Police
- Published: 15th October 2017
- Categories: News, Community & Volunteer, Hampshire
Sign up for Hampshire Alerts here.
|Message sent by|
|Darryl Hook (Police, PCSO, East Hampshire District)|
Sometime between dates/times 12/10/2017 19:00 - 14/10/2017 09:00 Unknown person/s have stolen number plates from a vehicle parked in Catherington Lane, Horndean.
Please read our advice below:
- Park your car in a garage at night or park to prevent access to either front or rear number plate.
- Park in a safe public car park.
- If parking on a public road, park in a well-lit spot.
- Use theft resistant number plates, which are designed to break apart if they are forcibly removed from a vehicle.
- Fit security screws. Simple anti-theft devices can be easily fitted with a screwdriver in place of existing screws, but cannot be removed using standard tools (use correct security screws appropriate for the pre-existing number plate screw size and application).
- Ask members of the public to contact police if they notice a car with different number plates on the front and the back of the vehicle.
Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community. In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police.
« View all news
18th July 2017
9th January 2017
31st July 2017