There have been a number of theft from vehicles reported to Police over the last 24 hrs across the Butser Sector. Theft from vehicles is now a district priority and as such your local neighbourhood policing team will remain committed to supporting victims of crime and targeting offenders.
Locations of Recent Theft from Vehicles: Roads Hill – Horndean, Charles Street, Love Lane & Ashcroft Court – Petersfield
Please read our advice below:
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Upon locking your vehicle try your car door to ensure it is actually locked.
- Park your car in an attended car park.
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don't have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car.
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website.
- Do not store your car's documents in the car.
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts.
- More information about alarms can be found on the Thatcham and Sold Secure websites.
Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community. In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police.