3rd May 2019
Hampshire Police Alerts - Horndean Burglaries
- Author: Hampshire Police
- Published: 14th October 2019
- Categories: News, Community & Volunteer, Hampshire
Sign up for Hampshire Alerts here.
|There has been 3 burglaries across Horndean in the last 24hrs - unknown person(s) have gained access to properties in the Frogmore Lane/London Road area, investigations are still on going. Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community. In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police.
Crime prevention Advice:
1. Check your insurance documents for any specific security requirements or upgrades.
2. Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
Ensure rear fencing is in good repair.
3. Lock all windows and doors, remembering to double lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
4. Keep all keys out of reach and sight from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through letterbox).
5. Do not leave ladders and garden tools in your garden, lock them away in your shed.
Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges.
6. Consider fitting security lighting and a burglar alarm.
7. Mark your property with postcode and house number and register your property for free with www.immobilise.com
8. Make use of timer switches to make the property appear occupied.
9. Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property.
10. Consider joining or forming a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
11. Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.
12. Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault.
Message Sent By
« View all news