10th January 2021
Clanfield Practice – flu clinics
- Published: 24th August 2021
Flu clinics are now available to book for patients aged over 65 and patients under 65 in an at risk group.
Once again The Clanfield Centre has kindly allowed us to use their premises. Clinics are being held on Sunday 19th September and Sunday 17th October. Please contact the surgery to book your appointment. Further clinics will be arranged depending on supplies being available.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE:
For 2021/22 the following are eligible for flu vaccination:
• Anyone over the age of 65 or due to turn 65 before 31st March 2022.
• People aged from 6 months to less than 65 years of age with a serious medical condition such as:
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability
- Splenic dysfunction or asplenia
- A weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment)
- Morbidly obese (defined as BMI of 40 and above)
- All pregnant women
• Household contacts of those who are immunocompromised, specifically those who live in the same household on most days during the winter months
• Those who are 50 and over by 31st March 2022 with no other risk factors (this is a temporary extension)
• Care/residential home residents
• Locum GPs
• Frontline health and social care staff employed by:
o Registered residential care or nursing home
o Registered domiciliary care provider
o Voluntary managed hospice provider
o Direct payment (personal budgets) and/or Personal Health Budgets
Please note that patients with asthma are only entitled to a flu injection on the NHS if they have been prescribed a preventer inhaler.
We expect our phone lines to be very busy so please avoid ringing at peak times i.e. 8am and 1.30pm to book a flu appointment.
Details on child flu clinics will be released once we have further information but it is expected that most school age children will receive their flu nasal spray at school and the surgery will mainly be offering clinics for children aged 2 or 3, or older if in an “at risk” group.
« View all news
There are no current news articles related to this one.
10th January 2021