Just wanted to make you aware of a burglary that occurred in #EastMeon on the 04/11/2021 between 00:00hrs - 04:00hrs along Hyden Farm Lane. If you have any information that can help our enquiries please contact us on 101 and quote reference number 44210487077. On this occasion garden tools and fuel was stolen.
As part of our #OpHawkHants activity to tackle burglary in #EastHants you will see the local neighbourhood policing teams out on patrol in areas where this type of crime is being reported and targeting offenders to disrupt there activity and prevent further incidents occurring.
You’ll see more about our Op Hawk teams that work to prevent and solve high harm offences and burglary over the coming months on our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
There’s lots of things you can do around Christmas to keep your home safe, from turning on timer switches and leaving a light on to make your home appear to be occupied when you’re out, to making sure presents aren’t on display through your windows to opportunistic burglars. Also consider how you dispose of the packaging of high value items so that you’re not advertising your presents to passers-by.
Help protect your home and property by following some simple steps:
• Lock all windows and doors, remembering to double lock UPVC doors by lifting the handle and turning the key. Remove keys from the window and door lock and keep in a safe place out of reach and sight from the letterbox or windows.
• Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows. Register your property for free on https://orlo.uk/ojozH
• Ensure side and back gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property. Also make sure sheds and garages are locked with reliable and robust locks to deter any potential burglars. Choose a product which is tested and certified by Sold Secure and Secured by Design to the Police Preferred Specification.
• Do not leave ladders and garden tools in your garden; lock them away in your shed. Improve natural surveillance to the front of your property by trimming hedges.
• Consider installing an intruder alarm system by contacting an approved contractor who is a member of the National Security Inspectorate and Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board..
• A house that appears occupied is less likely to be targeted by burglars, installing light switch timers inside the house can help make it appear occupied. Likewise, dusk to dawn or sensor lighting to the front and rear of your home can help deter potential thieves
For info on how to protect your home visit: https://orlo.uk/2hcTO