4th May 2021
Hampshire Police Alerts - Tackling Knife Crime
- Author: Hampshire Police
- Published: 27th April 2021
- Categories: News, Community & Volunteer, Hampshire
Sign up for Hampshire Alerts here.
|This week our neighbourhood teams will be conducting knife crime related activity including education and enforcement in your area as part of Operation Sceptre - a national week of action. Read the Hampshire Constabulary media release here.
Clearly, with COVID restrictions in place we cannot involve the community in our work as much as we would like too.
However, it means you might see our officers doing these things:
· Weapon sweeps where we will be looking for knives hidden in public places
· Test purchasing – where we will be checking that retailers are being responsible and only selling knives to people of the correct age
· Officers using knife arches and knife wands to search for weapons
· More officers at transport hubs including bus and train stations
We will be talking to children in schools about knives and the dangers of knife carrying.
However, if you want to take this week as an opportunity to talk to your child about knife crime we have help and advice on how to have that chat, including what to say on our website www.safe4me.co.uk
If you’re worried about knife crime in your area, please let us know by reporting it and calling 101 or 999 in an emergency.
Silence will not stop violence – we understand at times you may wish to remain anonymous, please call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit their website https://crimestoppers-uk.org/campaigns-media/campaigns/reporting-knife-crime
If you’ve been affected by crime, Victim Support can give you the help you need to move forward. Their services are free, confidential and available to anyone in England and Wales, regardless of whether the crime has been reported or how long ago it happened. Call their free Supportline on 08 08 16 89 111.
Message Sent By
« View all news