3rd December 2016
- Author: Evolve Hair and Beauty
- Published: 5th February 2015
Lisa of Evolve Hair and Beauty gives us her timely tips to avoid the damaging effects of cold and extremes of temperature. If you want to look your best this winter then read her blog and book an appointment with one of the skilled therapists at Evolve. http://www.clanfieldonline.com/51/474/evolve-hair-and-beauty-salon
Your skin may just need some extra TLC during the winter season. Lower humidity levels, extreme cold, varying indoor and outdoor environments can all cause damage to the skins protective outer layer.
Vital lipids between cells get stripped away leaving dangerous gaps in the natural defensive barrier. What is the end result? Irritants can get in causing sensitivity and inflammation as moisture is rapidly sucked out.
How might your skin feel at this time of year? Is it dry, tight, itchy, thirsty and possibly tingly or stinging? It can look dull, flaky, drier around the eyes and possibly pink on the cheeks. Being more sensitive and reactive to your usual skin products and make up is also a common consequence of gaps in the barrier.
Winter Skin saving tips
- Sweep away flaky, dull skin cells with a gentle exfoliate to smooth and brighten while hydrating the skin at the same time.
- Layer on hydration and reduce tightness by spritzing after cleansing and throughout the day over makeup.
- Change to a heavier weight moisturizer for more nourishment and protection..
- If it’s super cold, try a healing balm on exposed areas like lips, nose and cheekbones for extra protection and healing.
- Repair and diminish dry skin and lines by gently patting an eye cream around your eyes.
Come and talk to us at Evolve Hair and Beauty and we will make your skin glow
View all blogs
There are no current blogs related to this one.
29th November 2016