3rd December 2016
Hilltop Garage - Stay Safe during a Breakdown
- Author: Graham Parish - Hilltop Garage
- Published: 14th January 2016
Stay Safe during a Breakdown
Breakdowns on the road happen at the most inopportune moments. You can't foresee these unexpected events but you can plan ahead so that if the worst happens you and your passenger will stay safe. Hilltop Garage is your local friendly garage who will always help you to maintain your vehicle so that you can enjoy safe driving.
1) Keep your vehicle serviced regularly. Carry out routine weekly maintenance checks as recommended in your vehicle manufacturer’s handbook. Check your engine oil level, coolant level and tyre pressures – including the spare tyre. Ensure you have enough petrol to complete your journey! Always have a fully charged mobile phone with you.
2) If a warning light appears on your dashboard then pull over in a safe place. Consult your handbook to find out what to do. Don't keep driving as it could be dangerous to continue and cause severe and expensive damage to your vehicle.
3) If you feel strange vibrations, hear, see or smell something unusual in your vehicle then slow down and park in a safe place to investigate the problem.
4) Find a safe place to stop, preferably a lay-by or the hard shoulder. If you can't get off the carriageway then pull over to the left as far as possible and use your hazard warning lights. If it is safe, deploy your red hazard warning triangle behind your vehicle.
5) Make sure that you and your passengers exit from the kerbside of your vehicle. If possible get well away from your vehicle until help arrives. At night you may feel more secure locked in your vehicle but make this decision depending on local conditions.
6) Once you and your vehicle are safe, call for assistance from a breakdown provider. If you can't make your vehicle safe, have nowhere safe to wait or don't have a membership to a breakdown service then call the police. They may arrange recovery or assistance for you.
If you would like a no obligation quote for repairs, servicing and Mot’s for your vehicle please feel free to call us on 02392 596038, email us via the contact form on our website www.hilltopgaragehorndean.co.uk or pop in for a chat with our friendly reception staff at Hilltop Garage Horndean, 299 London Road, Horndean, Waterlooville, Hants, PO8 0JE.
For more information about Hilltop arage see:- http://www.clanfieldonline.com/27/184/hilltop-garage-horndean
View all blogs
There are no current blogs related to this one.
29th November 2016