Choice Family Mediation
Core products/services: Family mediation for separating or divorcing couples. Appointments available in Waterlooville, Portchester, Petersfield, Havant and surrounding areas.
Hazel Manktelow is a family law mediator and solicitor providing mediation services for separating couples. Hazel is a Family Mediation Council Accredited mediator and meets nationally recognised standards in her mediation services. Hazel lives and works from home in Clanfield.
What is mediation?
Family mediators are trained to work with people whose relationship has broken down. If you are separating or divorcing, I can help settle any disputes you and your partner may have. The process helps you to agree on:
- Arrangements for children
- Finances - what will happen to the house, savings, debts, pensions and maintenance payments
- The legal future of the relationship – whether a divorce or separation agreement is more suitable for you.
It is an out of court process created to avoid large legal fees and long, emotional court battles. Quite often couples find it difficult to talk to one another and mediation will help you to have those discussions in a calm and respectful way and to focus on areas which need to be addressed. I am also a family law solicitor and have knowledge of the law to aid the mediation process.
How does the process work?
I will ask you to complete a questionnaire and then meet with each of you individually. When you both agree to attend mediation I will meet with both of you. Mediation usually takes between 3 – 5 sessions and we plan to have a set of proposals at the end of the process with the view of turning those proposals into a legal document.
I qualified as a family solicitor in 2003 and worked in family law for 6 years prior to that. I still practise as a solicitor and therefore have up to date knowledge of the law relating to separation. I trained as a mediator in 2010 and achieved FMC Accredited status in 2015 to confirm I meet nationally recognised standards in my mediations. I have a calm and pragmatic approach.
32 Drift Road
Saturday: By arrangement
Sunday: By Arrangement
A-Z Business Directory
- Advance Soft tissue & Remedial Massage - AdvanceSRM
- Baxter Financial Services Ltd
- Belle de Vie
- Budgens Clanfield
- Butser Ancient Farm
- Butser Legal Services
- Choice Family Mediation
- Clanfield Greengrocer & Florist (N Hadwen)
- Clanfield Nursery School
- Clanfield Trade Centre
- Coco's Hair & Beauty Salon
- Complete Property Services
- Corner Fifty Three Distilling
- de Mellow & Co Wealth Management
- Electrical Service Systems Limited
- Ernie Mew & Sons Limited
- Gas-Fix Ltd
- Glowsure Insurance Brokers
- HUB 87 LTD
- Hampshire & Sussex Contract Cleaning Ltd
- Hampshire Herb Centre at Rumsey Gardens
- Happy Planet Home Cleaning
- Harvest View Brownies
- Helen Cooper Bowen Therapy
- Hilltop Garage Horndean
- Horndean Technology College
- Houses 2 Homes
- IC Counselling
- Julia’s Garden Care
- K9 Klass Dog Training
- LC Energy Solutions Limited
- Ledgerworks Ltd
- Leydene Glass & Glazing
- Marsolutions Limited (Marsolutions Translation Services)
- Michael Miller & Partners Funeral Directors
- Millcrest Decor Ltd - Painters & Decorators
- N.Day Heating & Plumbing Ltd
- Pearsons Estate Agents
- Pymonts Home Decor
- Ron Reeve Ltd Family Butcher & Delicatessen
- Serenity Digital Ltd
- South Coast Opticians
- South Downs Funeral Service
- Stephanie Hobbs: Artist
- The Foster Practice
- The New England Shutter Company
- The Southern Co-operative Clanfield
- The Wild Tea Bar
- Topmarks Healthcare Ltd (WPA Healthcare Practice)