Mothers’ Union, Catherington and Clanfield
Catherington and Clanfield MU is your local Christian group, supporting family life in the community. This friendly, welcoming group is part of a global organisation of around 4 million members in more than 80 countries.
Come along to one of our meetings to meet and make new friends, listen to interesting talks, develop new skills and learn how we support family life in our area. There is also the opportunity to take part in a charity walk, enjoy trips and experience Quiet Days and Diocesan and Deanery led Services. Despite its name MU is now open to men and women, married, single, divorced, widowed.
Founded in 1876, in Old Alresford Hampshire by Mary Sumner, the Mothers’ Union has a national voice and is consulted by government on a range of matters such as the commercialisation and sexualisation of childhood, marriage, civil partnerships and the role of religion in society. It also has UN consultative status.
Prayer and worship underpin what we do and is built into our programme of meetings and services. Mothers’ Union exists to:
- Uphold Christ’s teaching on marriage and promote its wider understanding.
- Encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church.
- Maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- Promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- Help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Clanfield & Catherington MU are privileged to offer the following services to our community:
- Run 2 weekly groups; one for babies, one for toddlers.
- Raise money to provide a holiday for families in need.
- Support a church stall at Wedding Fairs.
- Visit a local nursing home to join with their communion service and sing for them.
- Support Messy Church and other church activities - Summer Teas and Tea Time Together.
- Support MU overseas projects such as literacy, parenting and emergency aid projects.
*Baby Group – for babies up to 1 year, every Wednesday 10.30 - 12.00 at All Saints Church Hall, Catherington. PO8 OTD
*Toddle On – for all pre-school children, every Friday 10.00 – 12.00 at All Saints Church Hall, Catherington. PO8 OTD
Informal evening monthly meeting (for potential and new members who can’t make the afternoon meeting) in different houses – please ring a contact number above for details.« Back to category view
All Saints Church
Days: Second Tuesday of month 14.00 – 15.45pm (except August) at St James Church. Monthly Communion Service on the fourth Wednesday at 9.15 at All Saints Church
A-Z Business Directory
- Advance Soft tissue & Remedial Massage - AdvanceSRM
- Affinity Stylings
- Belle de Vie
- Budgens Clanfield
- Butser Ancient Farm
- Choice Family Mediation
- Clanfield Greengrocer & Florist (N Hadwen)
- Clanfield Nursery School
- Clanfield Sports and Community Centre
- Corner Fifty Three Distilling
- de Mellow & Co Wealth Management
- Electrical Service Systems Limited
- Evolve Hair and Beauty Salon
- Hampshire & Sussex Contract Cleaning Ltd
- Hampshire Herb Centre at Rumsey Gardens
- Hazleton Country Supplies
- Helen Cooper Bowen Therapy
- Hilltop Garage Horndean
- Horndean Technology College
- Julia’s Garden Care
- LC Energy Solutions Limited
- LK Business & Consulting Services Ltd
- Ledgerworks Ltd
- Leydene Glass & Glazing
- Marsolutions Limited (Marsolutions Translation Services)
- Mela Restaurant Clanfield
- Michael Miller & Partners Funeral Directors
- Millcrest Decor Ltd - Painters & Decorators
- Pearsons Estate Agents
- Ron Reeve Ltd Family Butcher & Delicatessen
- Serenity Digital Ltd
- Sew Made For You
- Smarter Dogs
- South Coast Opticians
- South Downs Funeral Service
- Stephanie Hobbs: Artist
- The Clanfield Chiropractic Clinic
- The Foster Practice
- The Hampshire Hog
- The Little Housekeeping Company
- The Lone Barn
- The New England Shutter Company
- The Southern Co-operative Clanfield
- The Sustainability Centre
- Topmarks Healthcare Ltd (WPA Healthcare Practice)