Mothers’ Union, Catherington and Clanfield
Catherington and Clanfield MU is your local Christian group, supporting family life in the community. This friendly, welcoming group is part of a global organisation of around 4 million members in more than 80 countries.
Come along to one of our meetings to meet and make new friends, listen to interesting talks, develop new skills and learn how we support family life in our area. There is also the opportunity to take part in a charity walk, enjoy trips and experience Quiet Days and Diocesan and Deanery led Services. Despite its name MU is now open to men and women, married, single, divorced, widowed.
Founded in 1876, in Old Alresford Hampshire by Mary Sumner, the Mothers’ Union has a national voice and is consulted by government on a range of matters such as the commercialisation and sexualisation of childhood, marriage, civil partnerships and the role of religion in society. It also has UN consultative status.
Prayer and worship underpin what we do and is built into our programme of meetings and services. Mothers’ Union exists to:
- Uphold Christ’s teaching on marriage and promote its wider understanding.
- Encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church.
- Maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- Promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- Help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Clanfield & Catherington MU are privileged to offer the following services to our community:
- Run 2 weekly groups; one for babies, one for toddlers.
- Raise money to provide a holiday for families in need.
- Support a church stall at Wedding Fairs.
- Visit a local nursing home to join with their communion service and sing for them.
- Support Messy Church and other church activities - Summer Teas and Tea Time Together.
- Support MU overseas projects such as literacy, parenting and emergency aid projects.
*Baby Group – for babies up to 1 year, every Wednesday 10.30 - 12.00 at All Saints Church Hall, Catherington. PO8 OTD
*Toddle On – for all pre-school children, every Friday 10.00 – 12.00 at All Saints Church Hall, Catherington. PO8 OTD
Informal evening monthly meeting (for potential and new members who can’t make the afternoon meeting) in different houses – please ring a contact number above for details.« Back to category view
All Saints Church
Days: Second Tuesday of month 14.00 – 15.45pm (except August) at St James Church. Monthly Communion Service on the fourth Wednesday at 9.15 at All Saints Church
A-Z Business Directory
- Advance Soft tissue & Remedial Massage - AdvanceSRM
- Baxter Financial Services Ltd
- Belle de Vie
- Budgens Clanfield
- Butser Ancient Farm
- Butser Legal Services
- Choice Family Mediation
- Clanfield Greengrocer & Florist (N Hadwen)
- Clanfield Nursery School
- Clanfield Trade Centre
- Coco's Hair & Beauty Salon
- Complete Property Services
- Corner Fifty Three Distilling
- de Mellow & Co Wealth Management
- Electrical Service Systems Limited
- Ernie Mew & Sons Limited
- Gas-Fix Ltd
- Glowsure Insurance Brokers
- HUB 87 LTD
- Hampshire & Sussex Contract Cleaning Ltd
- Hampshire Herb Centre at Rumsey Gardens
- Happy Planet Home Cleaning
- Harvest View Brownies
- Helen Cooper Bowen Therapy
- Hilltop Garage Horndean
- Horndean Technology College
- Houses 2 Homes
- IC Counselling
- Julia’s Garden Care
- K9 Klass Dog Training
- LC Energy Solutions Limited
- Ledgerworks Ltd
- Leydene Glass & Glazing
- Marsolutions Limited (Marsolutions Translation Services)
- Michael Miller & Partners Funeral Directors
- Millcrest Decor Ltd - Painters & Decorators
- N.Day Heating & Plumbing Ltd
- Pearsons Estate Agents
- Pymonts Home Decor
- Ron Reeve Ltd Family Butcher & Delicatessen
- Serenity Digital Ltd
- South Coast Opticians
- South Downs Funeral Service
- Stephanie Hobbs: Artist
- The Foster Practice
- The New England Shutter Company
- The Southern Co-operative Clanfield
- The Wild Tea Bar
- Topmarks Healthcare Ltd (WPA Healthcare Practice)