15th December 2015
YOUR COMMUNITY NEEDS YOU!
- Published: 1st June 2015
Clanfield Voluntary Care Group is seeking new members to give a helping hand to the most vulnerable members of our community.
CVCG has been serving the community of Clanfield for 37 years providing extra help and support to those who need it most. We have a great team of dedicated volunteers but we want to recruit more helpers to spread the workload as we assist those with mobility problems.
What is a volunteer asked to do?
- Transport and assistance to local hospitals and doctor’s surgery
- Transport and assistance to local shops, hairdressers and library
- Sitting with the housebound to provide company
- Help with pets short term e.g. dog walking
All costs are covered by voluntary donations. Volunteers can claim 50p a mile when carrying clients. You can specify any limitations on times or types of help you could offer to the group.
One thing is certain – the people we assist really appreciate what we do and our help makes such a difference to their lives. Your help will provide the care for others in our community and give you an opportunity to share your time, skills and talents.
Why not come and have a chat with us about the volunteer role – we are manning a stall outside the Clanfield Co-op on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday mornings in the first week of June.
- Full induction will be provided which includes DSB checks and two references
- Volunteers must be 18 years old.
Come on give the Clanfield Voluntary Care Group a go!
Contact us today 023 9259 4577
« View all news
There are no current news articles related to this one.
6th July 2015