3rd December 2016
The Clanfield Challenge - Ready to Run
The big day will have something for all the family - take part, spectate or enjoy the other facilities on offer from all your local businesses and community groups.
- Location: South Lane Meadow
- Fee: From £5 - £18
- Date: 22nd May 2015
- Time: 10:00
- Organiser: Clanfield Online/Clanfield Joggers
- Club/Association: Clanfield Joggers
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Clanfield Challenge is just a few days away and the excitement is building.
On Sunday 22 May the Clanfield Challenge will kick off in South Lane Meadow with the children’s 1 kilometre race at 10.00. At 10.30 the adult’s 5 kilometre and 12 kilometre runs will start from North Lane and finish in South Lane Meadow.
So you will want to start planning where you want to stand to get the best view and that special action photograph of the runners as they race towards the finishing line.
There will be plenty for you to enjoy in South Lane Meadow as many of our local businesses and community groups will be manning stalls offering delicious food and refreshments, demonstrations and information. So, you can sample traditional pub food from the Rising Sun or spicy Indian fayre from the Mirchi Restaurant. Visit The Salon stylists for a hair consultation or enjoy a wood turning demonstration by Three Copse. St James Church, Clanfield Scouts and HomeStart Butser will be there to talk about all their activities and Clanfield Joggers will be encouraging you to get involved in running.
These stalls plus many more will be in the Meadow to make this day very special and turn it into a celebration of Clanfield.
Come along and enjoy the day with us!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Clanfield Challenge is made up of 3 individual race routes - a 12 kilometre, 5 kilometre and 1 kilometre race. All are based in Clanfield, Hampshire and the money generated by the races are to be used to fund local community projects in and around the Clanfield area. So, read on, sign up and support your local community!
The volunteers at Clanfield Online meet once a month and have been now for the past 2 years. Whilst the financial support of local businesses has been amazing and the valued financial support from local council has been also, the money which has been raised can only go so far to help improve our community (see more about Clanfield Online).
How we use our funding was a topic of conversation which helped create the idea for the run. As a not for profit, community led organisation it is extremely important that we continue to use the revenue we generate for local projects. so, rather than keep pumping our money into smaller projects which don't generally generate additional income, we thought that separating a portion of our revenue and using it to create a large annual event, which can potentially benefit everyone in the local community, whilst raising additional funds for future projects, was a great way to move forward.
So came about the idea for the Clanfield Challenge - this event works on many levels and includes:
- Raising the profile of our growing village outside the local area
- Welcoming new residents via an inclusive and accessible event
- Encouraging health and wellbeing to all in the community
- Providing a platform for local business and community groups to communicate with locals
- Raising awareness for the PSPA (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Association)
- Raising money to allow the event to run each year
- Raising money to fund additional projects and events in the local community
- Providing support for our main sponsor, Clanfield Joggers
View all events
There are no current events related to this one.
Other upcoming events:
27th October 2016